About the service
Pro Bono Connect is a referral service that can connect you with a lawyer to help on a pro bono basis (for free). The degree of assistance that your pro bono lawyer can provide will depend on the nature of your legal problem and other factors.
How do I apply for assistance?
- Before you apply, please read our eligibility guidelines below to see whether your matter falls within the scope of the matters with which we can assist.
- Apply online; or,
- Download a PDF application form and return it to [email protected] or by post.
Pro Bono Connect
Email: [email protected]
Phone: (08) 8313 5005 (Monday - Thursday, 10am - 3pm)
Post: JusticeNet SA, Ligertwood Building, University of Adelaide SA 5005
Who we can help
We help individuals and charitable not-for-profit organisations with issues that relate to South Australian or Federal law.
To determine whether your matter is suitable for pro bono referral, JusticeNet applies eligibility criteria and guidelines. We will only refer you for pro bono legal assistance if, to our satisfaction:
- you have exhausted all other avenues for legal assistance;
- you cannot afford a lawyer; and
- your case has legal merit.
We may also consider other factors such as whether your problem raises a matter of public interest, the capacity of the pro bono lawyers who participate in our service and our own resources.
Generally, we will give priority to those experiencing the greatest hardship.
What we cannot help with
Unfortunately, we cannot assist with urgent legal matters. If you need urgent legal assistance then please contact the Legal Help Line on 1300 366 424.
Because pro bono resources are finite there are certain types of legal matters that the Pro Bono Connect cannot assist with:
- family law matters (please contact the Legal Help Line on 1300 366 424)
- criminal law matters (please contact the Legal Help Line on 1300 366 424)
- wills and estates
- complex commercial disputes
- building disputes
- traffic offences and motor vehicle accidents.
JusticeNet acknowledges the support of:
- Our members and network of pro bono lawyers in public and private practice
- The University of Adelaide Law School
- The Law Foundation of South Australia
- Lipman Karas
- Australian Government Solicitor
- South Australian Bar Association